Salary: $18.00 to $19.00 /hour
Job Type: Full-time
- Performing daily inspections of the vehicle and trailers.**
- Reporting equipment issues immediately to supervisor.**
- Following all posted signs, including speed limits.**
- Adhering to DOT regulations.*
- Product Pickup & Delivery*
- Delivering or picking up 48-53’ trailers of recyclable materials throughout New England and New York.**
- Performing live-load pickups, trailer swaps, and double drops & hooks.**
- Adhering to a daily schedule provided by the Dispatcher and communicating progress to the Dispatcher.**
- Obtaining signed bill of ladings from suppliers and customers.**
- Completing an electronic daily driver’s log.**
- Professionally communicating with accounts to ensure that material is loaded in a safe and efficient manner.*
Necessary Skills and Training:
- Class A CDL
- Ability to read, write and comprehend reports well enough to accurately complete daily driver logs.
- Basic math skills to facilitate the computation of daily driver logs.
- 2 years or equivalent commercial truck experience
- Able to follow safe operating practices, including a working knowledge of DOT requirements.
- Able to effectively communicate with dispatch/supervisors.
Northstar Pulp & Paper offers:
- Specialized training to meet the needs of our accounts
- Consistency in route assignments
- Same day work assignments across the New England states and New York.
- Competitive benefit package including a 401K match
- Year round work with overtime opportunities.
- Roll off: 1 year (Preferred)
- Tractor trailer: 1 year (Required)
- CDL Classes: Class A (Preferred)
- Trucking freight handling: Drop & hook
- Trucking payment:Hourly
- Trucking route: Regional
- Home Time policy: Daily