Job Type: Full-time
Reports To: Operations Manager
Salary Type: Non-exempt Hourly
- Pallet Sorting – Physically separating and sorting A and B Grade 48″ x 40″ GMA pallet cores from odd-size and scrap pallets.
- Pallet Repair – Repairing A and B grade 48″ x 40″ GMA pallet cores by replacing broken boards and stringers using a pneumatic nail gun.
- Pallet Dismantling – Dismantling scrap pallets using a Smart Products 10 HP band saw dismantler to recover reusable stringers, deck boards, and lead boards to be used during pallet repair.
- Ensure the safety of the facility, fellow workers and yourself.
- Completing productivity reports on a daily basis.
- As directed, assist with the overall housekeeping of the building and property including but not limited to: sweeping of plant walkways and warehouse area, removal of loose debris from around property and scale, landscaping, shoveling and sanding.
- Will perform any other job duties and functions as directed or deemed necessary by senior management.
- Experience with pallet building, dismantling and repairing.
- Experience with pneumatic nail guns and band saw dismantlers.
- Fluent and literate in the English language.
- Basic mathematics necessary to complete daily productivity reports.
- Ability to follow basic instructions.
- Absolute dependability.
- Demonstrates initiative to complete assigned tasks.
Northstar Pulp & Paper offers a competitive benefits package including a 401K match