Job Type: Full-time
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Individual is responsible for the maintenance and repair of the Company’s fleet of roll off trucks, tractors and trailers. Other equipment requiring repair from time to time includes balers, compactors, shredder, bobcats and forklifts. The appropriate individual will possess mechanical abilities and experience to repair road vehicles and to perform preventative maintenance. In addition the individual will be:
- a self starter with the ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision, and work well with the employees of the business including diesel truck drivers, and other equipment operators
- motivated to complete required tasks to minimize down time and lost productivity
- Maintain and repair the company’s roll off trucks, tractors, bobcats, forklifts and trailers
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of other plant equipment as needed
- Work closely with maintenance and repair of other plant equipment as needed
- Work closely with maintenance supervisor to implement a PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE program on said equipment
- Works to repair all major equipment at Springfield facility. Equipment to include: baler, conveyor belt, bob cat, bucket loader, roll cutters, etc.
- Works to repair all major equipment at outside customers and suppliers. Equipment to include: Compactors, balers, cyclone systems, etc., and any housing construction needed for same.
Skills and Knowledge:
- 2 – 3 years working experience in similar role
- Welding and fabrication experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of on road vehicle requirements
- Ability to facilitate trouble shooting/repair of equipment
- Demonstrates initiative and a strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task across same day priorities
- FMCSA Knowledge, DOT Inspection is a plus
- Must possess mechanic’s tools
- Overtime is required
- CDL A or B is a plus
Northstar offers a competitive benefit package including a 401K match.